The number of people moving to Bali keeps growing. You hear it all the time, “I’m moving to Bali”,I’m relocating to Bali”, “I’m retiring and moving to Bali”. Add to that the expats already here who have since had kids and you’ll get a sense of the need for more education facilities for children. Local schools in Bali are cheap, actually free for the first couple of years. Standards are low and equipment is basic. The 2 little Balinese kids who live around the corner from my use cannot count to 5 or repeat any letters from the alphabet, though they are already 4 and 5. Sending your kid to a local Balinese school is not an option for a westerner and fortunately you don’t have to. For expats living in Bali there are many options and the list is growing. The Bali Advertiser, the local free paper that comes packed with ads, features some of the options.
— Pelangi Learning Center:
Bills itself as the ‘holistic learning experience’. Located in Mas close to Ubud, Pelangi Learning Center opened in July 2006 through a parent initiative. It is a multicultural, bilingual school, featuring Playgroup (3-4 years), Kindergarten A (4-5 years), Kindergarten B (5-6 years) and Primary (grades 1-4). Pelangi Learning Center focuses on educating the whole child (holistic education) and has small classes, providing a creative leaning experience with International & Indonesian teachers.
The emphasis is on artistic expression, social responsibility & environmental awareness. Primary
school classes are Waldorf / Steiner inspired.
Pelangi Learning Center
A National Plus school teaching in both English & Indonesian using innovative teaching methods. Now in it’s 10th year. ‘Creative & inquiring minds’ is the motto of this school. The following list profiles the school’s educational and physical make-up.
•Academic education using national and international Cambridge carriculum.
•A commitment to helping all students reach their full potential as learners.
•An education providing a stepping stone to university and the world of work.
•Qualified and experienced national and international teaching staff.
•An enviable policy of student care.
•A developing community care program.
•An extra curricular program.
•A vibrant and hardworking Parent Teacher & Friends Association.
•A commitment to respecting and valuing Balinese culture and traditions.
•A concern for the protection and care or our environment.
•A beautiful campus with views over rice-fields to the ocean.
Kindergarten TKA-TKB (half and full day program)
Primary – High School (classes 1-12)
— Taman Kanak-Kanak Montessori Bali
A unique approach to learning created by Dr. Maria Montessori. This school offers courses for children aged 6-9 years as well as the younger ages.
Taman Kanak-Kanak Montessori Bali
Jl. Laksmana 66X
— Asian International School Bali
This school is based in Jimbaran and is affiliated with the University of Cambridge International Examinations and part of the Taman Rama group of schools. The school offers pre-school, primary, junior and senior high classes.
•Information technology laboratory.
•Highly dedicated faculty.
•Student councilor on campus, grooming and etiquette classes.
•Close monitoring of students using CCTV at all times.
•Well equipped canteen.
•Well ventilated and spacious classrooms.
•Science laboratories equipped along international lines.
•Accoustically designed auditorium.
•A 25-meter swimming pool with an automatic Filter Plant.
Unique Facilities include:
Language laboratory (English, Indonesian, Mandarin)
Performing & Fine Arts
Public Speaking & Dramatics
Music (western / classical)
Yoga/ Aerobics, Math Laboratory, and Fabric Painting
Clay Modeling, Sculpture, Tie Dye & Batik
By-Weekly medical check up of students
Asian International School Bali
Jl. Puri Gading Raya,
Complex Perumahan Gading Building Sector B
— EIFB (Ecole Internationale Francaise de Bali)
Academic Excellence since 1991 French Multicultural Community School from Preschool to 9th grade.
Academic Education from the French National Curriculum
• Fluent Native French speaking school-student of all nationalities
• Qualified and Experienced French,English and Indonesian Teachers
• ESL, Bahasa Indonesia and Spanish taught at an intensive level; Secondary level:
• Art Taught in ESL
• Music Taught in Spanish
• Daily Physical Education Program, Swimming and Team Sports
• Computer Education-Library-School Projects in Art & Culture
• Extra Curriculum Activities-Special Tutoring-Charities (Clubs)
• EIFB belongs to a network of over 400 French Schools worldwide
Highly Competitive Fee Structure
Accredited by the French Board of Education, by the State of Indonesia
Right in the neighborhood of Seminyak
EIFB (Ecole Internationale Francaise de Bali)
Tel : 0361 732314
Banjar Umalas Kauh No 76
— Sanur Independent School
“A small school where big things happen”
Yayasan Anak Mandiri Sanur
Jl. Tukad Nyali, Gg. SMU 6 No. 3, Sanur, Bali
Phone +62 361 284410
Sanur Independent School
Fax +62 361 286554
— Canggu Community School
(Nurturing Knowledge & Diversity)
• Purpose-built school
• Save, secure environment
• Qualified and experienced native English speaking teachers, including Pre-school
• Indonesian teacher assistant in every class
• English language support provided
• Older pupils help mentor younger pupils
• Leadership opportunities for pupils
• Fresh, hot lunches prepared on-site
• Age appropriate play areas
• Links with the local community
• Active and supportive Friends of CCS
• Pupils representing over thirty different nations
• Differentiated curriculum to cater for individual pupils
• A large multi-function hall for sports and special events
• A wide variety of sports taught, including swimming
• Extensive after school activities program
• A Choir that is growing rapidly
• Instrumental music lessons available
• Weekly assemblies provide speaking and performing opportunities
• Developing inquiring minds
• Open-ended learning tasks to develop problem solving skills
• UK National Curriculum
• Incorporating local and international contexts
• SATs testing at Year 2 and 6
• Catering for Pre-school to Year 7
• Year 8 class opening in August 2007
• School-wide planning for continuity in the curriculum
• New Science laboratory in August 20007
• Environmental awareness programs
• ICT (computing)integrated throughout the curriculum
• Interactive white-boards in some rooms
• e-learning programs being introduced
• Initiating global learning projects
• Developing a desire for life-long learning
Open morning on Friday 11th May, 2007
Call Ruth De Jong to arrange a viewing of our fantastic campus : 0361 844 6931
Taking enrollments now for 2007-08 year, starting in August
— Sunrise School
‘A holistic school in Bali where learning comes from the heart’
Open for New Enrollments for 2007 – 2008
No enrollment fee.
Primary (grades 1-6) $950/quarter
Junior High School (grades 7-9) $1010/quarter
• Unique creative programs and environmental studies extending the core British National Curriculum.
• Learning through experience and experimentation
• The opportunity to excel in a nurturing and supportive environment
• Respect for diversity
• Hands-on program
• Exciting excursions
“Think Globally-Act Locally-Feel Totally”
Jl. Merthasari Br. Pengubengan Kauh, Kerobokan, Bali
Telp. (62) 361 735 828 / 735 825
Fax. (62) 361 735 834
— Sekolah Lentera Kasih
‘Building Character & Academic Excellence’
Sekolah Lentera Kasih is a National Plus Christian School with personal, friendly, and caring environment. We strive to equip our students with strong academic experience and will-rounded character development.
With its integrated and updated teaching approach, SLK strives to nurture students to be at their BEST:
B elieve in GOD
E njoy the learning processes
S trive to achieve their best potential
T hink creatively and proactively
• International Curriculum
• Clean, Safe & secure Environment
• Students of different nationalities
• English as the medium of instruction
• Experienced Local & Expatriate teachers
• Well-Resourced Classrooms
• Excellent facilities
• Mandarin class with native speaker
• Co-curricular activities
Opening in 2008 on a 1-Hectare land
Primary School – Secondary School
Safe and secure environment with complete & modern school facilities :
Computer & IT Lab, Music & Dance room, Art room, Science, Biology & Physics Lab, Function Hall, Indoor Sport Hall, Competition Size Swimming Pool, Canteen, Library, Clinic, Book Shop, Children’s Playground, spacious Outdoor Playground.
New student Registration Academic 2007 – 2008
Open for Lollypop Preschool & Sekolah Lentera Kasih
Preschool – Kindergarten – Primary Toddler – Grade 4 (1,5 – 9 y.o)
“The best place for learning, playing and growing”
Association of National Plus Schools
Telp. 0361 744 6655 / 744 7788
Information & School Tour :
Monday-Friday 08.00 – 15.30 (by appointment)
Jl. Gunung Salak no. 88, Br. Abasan Kerobokan – Bali
(+/- 1 km from Marlboro Intersection)
Affiliated to Sekolah Lentera Internasional, Sekolah Lentera Kasih, Lollypop Preschool-Jakarta
— Kul Kul School Bali
Member of United Schools For Life
Waldorf Inspired Education in Bali
Opening in September 2008
Pre-Kindergarten thru Grade 8
Kul Kul School Bali
— High/Scope Indonesia
“Education for Success”
Above and beyond academic skills
Sekolah High/Scope Indonesia-Bali
A National Plus School with student-centered approach and active learning provides you with the new “changing” paradigm in education.
Early Childhood Educational Program (ECEP) : International Curriculum
Elementary Program : National Curriculum with High/Scope approach
Sekolah High/Scope Indonesia-Bali has opened classes for :
• Toddler – 18 months-30 months old
• Preschool – 30 months-4 years old
• Prekindy – 4-5 years old
• Kindy – 5-6 years old
• Elementary – grades K-5
ECEP starts in April 2007
Early Bird Special Offer for Elementary Program :
“50% discount on enrollment for students who enroll by April 18, 2007”
• Well organized classroom environments with a variety of materials that invite students to engage in personal, meaningful educational experiences.
• Music Room, Art Room, Religious Studies Room
• Multi-purpose Hall, Library, Playground
• Mini Soccer Field, Swimming Pool
• Kids Sport Area
• Hospital, Psychology & Counseling Room
• Hotel Standard for Kitchen Center
• Ex. Enrichment Sports, Mandarin, Art Nouveau, Graphic Design, etc
For registration & more information, please contact :
Jl. Gatot Subroto IV/18 Denpasar
Phone. (0361) 416 469
The 2 most famous schools in Bali are the Bali International School is Sanur and the Australian International School in Kerobokan.
— Bali International School
BIS is accredited Preschool through grade 12 by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and is authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization for the IB Diploma Program, grades 11 to 12, and the IB Middle Years Program, grades 6-10, and the IB Primary Years Program Pre School to Grade 5. At the end of grade 12 students who have achieved the graduation requirements will receive a BIS Diploma. From 2006 grade 12 students who have achieved the BIS course requirements will receive a BIS Diploma and an IB Diploma or IB course certificates given that they have met the IB Diploma/course certificate requirements.
Bali International School
P.O. Box 3259 Denpasar, Bali
local 0361 288 770
fax (prefix) 285 103
— Australian International School
Australia’s highly interactive teaching approach encourages student participation and develops confidence and effective communications skills. These skills are highly valued by international tertiary institutions, where great importance is placed on developing the ability to think creatively and independently, read widely and critically, participate in debate and function in teams.
At AIS, the primary curriculum is aligned with the structure of the Victorian Department of Education & Training. The secondary school uses the curriculum structure of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and is affiliated with the ACT Department of Education and Training.
The curriculum at AIS has been designed to provide outstanding educational opportunities that will help every student to reach his or her potential. The key to success is providing the right learning environment staffed by caring teachers who love to teach and nurture each child’s special talents.
All students are given the opportunity to reach their full potential and to
work at their own level in each subject area. The syllabus is adapted and structured to allow our students to build on their knowledge and experiences.
Key Learning Advantages:
• Outcomes are specific and observable representing levels of progress.
• A developmental, student-centered approach
• An inquiry-based and inter-disciplinary curriculum
• A variety of instructional techniques
• Strong communication, inquiry, conceptualizing, reasoning and problem-solving skills are developed
• Students learn independence, the value of teamwork and responsibility for self-monitoring.
Australian International School
Bali Campus – Primary & Secondary
Tel: (62-361) 739 627-28
Fax: (62-361) 732 209
Many good choices for new parents in Bali.