Conrad Bali Resort & Spa –
Benoa, Bali, Indonesia
Marketing Communication Executive: Meutia Mahardhika H
Has worked at the Conrad since its opening.
Baliblog: When did the Conrad open?
Meutia: The hotel opened in March 2004.
Baliblog: Its part of the Hilton chain is that correct?
Meutia: Yes its part of Hilton International. Actually the Conrad is part of Hiltons exclusive brand.
Baliblog: How large is the property?
Meutia: It is 6.8 acres.
Baliblog: Do you know how many meters of beachfront the hotel has.
Meutia: Its 350 meters or private beach.
Baliblog: You have how many rooms?
Meutia: We have 313 rooms, including 15 suites.
Baliblog: How many different classes of rooms are there?
Meutia: Well mostly the rooms are divided into 2 different types, the Standard and the Suite room, the Standard we call the Deluxe rooms. The Deluxe is divided into then we have Deluxe club. We have 15 Suites rooms.
Baliblog: On an average month what is your occupancy level?
Meutia: On an average month the occupancy level will be 40% to 50%.
Baliblog: So the Conrad is a big hotel and its does not feel very busy. A lot of people like it like that. What are the busiest periods of the year for you?
Meutia: The busiest period of course is during the school holiday, its around June, July, August and once again at the end of the year.
Baliblog: What is your customer demographic?
Meutia: Coming from Asia our regular guests are Japanese and Taiwanese and international we have a lot of guests coming from Australia.
Baliblog: The beachside restaurant, Eight Degrees South, what are its opening hours?
Meutia: Its specializes in grilled seafood and its square pizza and is open from 11am to 11pm.
Baliblog: The restaurant underneath the lobby, Suku that serves island cuisine in al freso setting, what are its hours?
Meutia: Downstairs the Suku restaurant is our main restaurant and a daily buffet breakfast, it is also open for lunch, for afternoon snack, also for dinner and late supper. Its is open 24 hours.
The other one is our fine – dining restaurant, the Spice restaurant. It specializes in authentic ethnic cuisine and is open for dinner from 6pm to 11p.
Baliblog: How many swimming pools do you have?
Meutia: We have 3 swimming pools, the main one is downstairs from the lobby and is 33 meters and then the other one is our circling lagoon pool and we have a 35 meter spa pool.
Baliblog: It just seems like a lot.
Here at the Conrad do you arrange special entertainment events?
Meutia: Yes. Mostly from the Food & Beverage side, the entertainment department each outlet, not each actually, right now we have only for Suku restaurant downstairs we have a daily live DJ performance. The DJ performance is also mixed with contemporary / traditional dance. That is from 4pm daily until 8.30pm.
Baliblog: If the guest wants something special like a Balinese dance arranged can you organize that?
Meutia: The Balinese dance is a regular event for our Food & Beverage department. It is held every Tuesday and every Friday. Along with the traditional dance we have a traditional menu called the Hot Spice Odysee. Along with the Kecak dance on Fridays we have the Rijtstafel, also Indonesian food.
Baliblog: Do you serve Balinese food as well.
Meutia: Yes, Balinese food as well.
Baliblog: Can you tell me something about the design of the hotel?
Meutia: The main design for the hotel is contemporary, as you will see we do not have any Balinese design or Balinese architecture, its minimalist and contemporary, modern and the music played in the reception area it goes along with the ambiance of the design.
Baliblog: That is what I was thinking. I see dark wood ceilings and walls, hardwood floors, marble pillars and granite counters. It looks almost square, with many square shapes and the very minimalist and contemporary look.
What do you think is special about this hotel?
Meutia: One of the key selling points is the hotel something new as you can tell from the interior, from the environment. We also offer facilities, the spa, the outlets, the kids club, daily guest activities, the business center etc. We offer great support from the team members (staff ). We have hired mostly young and dynamic persons.
Baliblog: What is special about the rooms?
Meutia: Our rooms are spacious when compared to our competitors, they are 45 sq meters, not including the balcony or terrace. The rooms also have a very contemporary design which is different.
Baliblog: I will tell you what I liked about the rooms. One of the first things that I noticed. It sounds silly but I like things that are simple and that work. The smooth design that affords space and functionality, the thick wide doors with large hinges make a pleasant space for a larger person.
Who would this hotel be perfect for?
Meutia: This hotel would be good for many type of guest including families, honeymooners, couples, older people, business people because we offer so many things.
-Contemporary design with 3 wings of guestrooms, suites an extensive spa center. Jiwa spa center retail village and conference center.
– Entrance drive raises three levels to the Porte Cochere, passing a waterfall upon entering the lobby with spectacular views of the resort facilities and the ocean.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
– Access to the beach along Tanjung Benoa coast.
– Bedrooms of warm contemporary design with tribal Indonesian art.
– Spacious bathrooms with soaking bathtub and separate shower stall.
Hotel services & facilities:
– Multi-lingual Guest Relations.
– Club rooms and suites with exclusive Club Lounge.
– Conference Center
– Superb quality personal care amenities and toiletaries
– Wheelchairs available.
– Rooms with facilities for physically challenged guests.
– Non-smoking rooms
– Retail Village
– Kura Kura Club. An activity center for children including Games Zone.
– 350 meter beach.
– Activities and cultural programme.
– 298 spacious guest rooms in 3 low-rise wings. All with private patio or balcony & panoramic views of the ocean, lagoons or gardens.
– 15 suites including 1 Presidential suite.
– All guests rooms and suites offer elegant contemporary design with features from the archipelago. The private patio or balcony offers the opportunity to dine or simply relax.
– Club Lounge offers extra privacy and personal attention and includes breakfast and other complimentary services.
– Telephone with voice-mail
– High-speed internet access with secure private network connection
– Laptop / fax/ printer on request
– Flat screen TV with satellite channels
– Individually controlled AC
– Coffee & tea making facilities, safe, hairdryer, private bar
– DVD / CD player.
Restaurants & lounges:
– Suku. Primitive modern, offering island cuisine in al fresco elegant setting. Breakfast, brunch, lunch & dinner. Seats 228.
– Eight Degrees South. Latitudes with an attitude, on the beach, serving BBQ cuisine and a variety of salads, pizza, sandwiches & Asian specialties. Open from lunch to dinner.
– Seats 96 including private room up to 10.
– Azure. A cool pool bar, located next to the lagoon, offering exotic tropical cocktails and ice cold drinks. From 10am to 6pm. Seats 24.
– East. Spectacular view served with every cocktail, lobby lounge on the third floor, facing east with views of the swimming pool and lagoons, the beach and bay entertainment. Seats 108.
– The resort is the ideal venue for all occasion, from international conferences to intimate parties. All conferences venues have the latest equipment and facilities.
– Separate entrance for group check-in.
– Private outdoor areas available for gatherings beneath the stars.
– Innovative & creative theme parties can be tailor-made, from spectacular gala events to informal affairs.
– Ballroom is 531sq m (5,723sq ft) and can be divided into 2 rooms. Six additional meeting and board rooms.
– A variety of venues for weddings include the Floating Garden, Balinese Water Garden and beach settings.
– Professional wedding planner to assist all preparations including legal ceremony, religious ceremony and reception.
– Wireless ethernet LAN, Cisco 2950 router with VPN facility.
– Dedicated high-speed internet line. Large scale screen projection. PA system. Intelligent lighting. Hand-held & neck radio microphones.
– CD player, video / DVD player, 29” TV, LCD, OHP, slide projector.
– Fully equipped Business Center with private office spaces including office equipment, broadband internet and services.
Health activities and sport:
– 33 meter swimming pool and lagoons
– Range of water sports
– Daily activities programme
– Fitness Club including exercise room
– Two flood-lit tennis courts
– 12 exclusive treatment rooms including 2 spa villas
– Reflexology lounge
– Beauty salon
– Relaxation lounge
– Private changing room
– Separate male and female locker room including sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and cold dip.
– 25 meter spa pool swimming pool
Conrad Bali Resort & Spa – Benoa, Bali, Indonesia : Photo 1
Conrad Bali Resort & Spa – Benoa, Bali, Indonesia : Photo 2
Conrad Bali Resort & Spa – Benoa, Bali, Indonesia : Photo 3
Conrad Bali Resort & Spa – Benoa, Bali, Indonesia : Photo 4
Conrad Bali Resort & Spa – Benoa, Bali, Indonesia : Photo 5
Conrad Bali Resort & Spa – Benoa, Bali, Indonesia : Photo 6
Conrad Bali Resort & Spa – Benoa, Bali, Indonesia : Photo 7
Conrad Bali Resort & Spa – Benoa, Bali, Indonesia : Photo 8